Protein! Why it’s important:
- Helps with weight loss - Protein helps you stay fuller for longer.
- Amino acid source - Your body can’t produce some essential amino acids, so you need to get them through your diet (via protein!)
- Tofu - Low in calories and fat. High in protein.
- Beans - Qinoa (“keen-wah”) and edamame higher in protein than say, kidney beans (more on beans and their protein content here). Beans are a great alternative to meat, especially because they’re so much lower in fat.
- Tempeh - If you don’t know what tempeh is, it’s basically soy in a cake-like form. It has a different flavor and texture from tofu. It’s high in calcium and protein.
- Almonds - almonds alone aren’t enough protein for your diet, but they’re great for snacks.Other Options:
- Beef - Grass-fed beef has more fatty acids and nutrients. It’s also healthier to eat than factory-raised beef. Stick with a lean beef.
- Pork Tenderloin - Much lower in fat than beef.
- Chicken - Organic chicken is extremely lean and has more essential fatty acids than factory raised chicken.
- Wild salmon - Eat only wild salmon. Farm-raised salmon can be diseased, contain high levels of toxins and mercury, and are not as rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Tuna fish
- Eggs - Although egg whites are leaner, whole eggs are great for you too! Eating whole eggs are as natural as eggs come and are high in nutrients.
- Non-fat Greek Yogurt - Stay away from the flavored ones/regular yogurt. They’re extremely high in sugar. Greek yogurt is really high protein and good fats. It also has much less sugar/carbohydrates. Eat them with pureed/mashed fruit instead of the fruit mix-ins that might come with it.
- Milk - Skim, soy, and almond milk are high in protein and low in fat. Milk can also be a great source of calcium.
All this information came from Mark’s Daily Apple. It’s a great site for info on fitness and eating clean.
Check out Eatmoreof for more tips on how to get healthy foods into your diet!
Farmacy, is the real source to fixing your health related issues.
It really is that simple. :)
- You don’t start with a marathon: you start with a walk around the block.
- You don’t need fancy equipment: your body is enough on its own.
- You don’t need to be fit to get fit: you get there by doing a little more today than you did yesterday.
Don’t make it more complicated than it has to be! One step and one day at a time. :)